Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Senior Scrum Master serves as the liaison between the business (represented by the Product Owner) and the Agile software development team. This role leads the team to reach peak productivity by mentoring team members, resolving impediments blocking a team, and helping to track their progress while solutioning for problems that may arise in the future. As the local expert or “master” of Scrum, the Scrum Master plays a critical role in the adoption of Scrum and other Agile development practices by the organization.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• Identifies challenges, creates awareness within team, organizes and facilitates planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
• Serve as the team’s radiator, ensuring necessary internal and external communication, while improving overall transparency. Continuously mentors and coaches others
• Leads the development teams that are practicing the core Agile values, practices and principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
• Continuously improves the productivity effectiveness of the teams in any way possible
• Lead team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
• Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaches the team up
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training required
Years of Experience
Scrum Master or equivalent formal training required
• Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
• Ability to use a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
• Ability to bend, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
• Ability to travel long hallways in large buildings and in between campus buildings
• Expert ability to demonstrate capacity in airport/airline operations, airport finances, contracts, and high regard for interpersonal relationships
• Must be able to develop strategies to analyze and negotiate a variety of documents and contracts
• Must have demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting within small-to-medium sized groups for knowledge share
• Must be a self-starter capable of utilizing strong problem-solving skills in an unstructured environment, while innovating ways to avoid problems in the future
• Must have demonstrated advanced proficiency at planning, preparing for, and leading meetings
• Must demonstrate and maintain an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information
• Must have proven track record of building and maintaining critical relationships at multiple levels of organizations including the highest levels (for both Internal and External customers). Must have experience with SAFe.
• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer