Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Scrum Master serves as the liaison between the business (represented by the Product Owner) and the Agile software development team. This role helps the team reach peak productivity by working with team members, resolving impediments blocking a team, and helping to track their progress. As the local expert or “master” of Scrum, the Scrum Master plays a critical role in the adoption of Scrum and other Agile development practices by the organization.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• Organize and facilitate planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
• Serve as the team’s radiator, ensuring necessary internal and external communication, while improving overall transparency
• Ensure the development teams are practicing the core Agile values, practices and principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
• Looks for avenues to increase the productivity effectiveness of the teams in any way possible
• Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
• Adds value to the team and organization and coaches the team up
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training required
Years of Experience
Scrum Master or equivalent formal training required
• Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
• Ability to use a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
• Ability to bend, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
• Ability to travel long hallways in large buildings and in between campus buildings
• Possesses the ability to demonstrate capacity in airport/airline operations, airport finances, contracts, and high regard for interpersonal relationships
• Must be able to produce working contracts among different stakeholders such as definition of done, scope lock, acceptance of work etc.
• Must have demonstrated strong organizational and communication skill
• Must be a self-starter capable of utilizing strong problem-solving skills in an unstructured environment
• Must have demonstrated proficiency at planning, preparing for, and leading meetings
• Must demonstrate and maintain an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information
• Must have experience with SAFe
• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer