Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Sr. Product Owner is the member of the Agile Team who serves as the customer proxy, and is responsible for working with Product Management and other stakeholders—including other product owners and other teams—to define and prioritize the Team Backlog so that the solution effectively addresses program priorities while maintaining technical integrity. The Sr. Product owner also attends product management meetings, planning, and backlog/vision refinement sessions. The Sr. Product owner serves a mentor to the APO and PO.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• Leads preparation of backlog for PI Planning and decides which work items become part of the team backlog
• Serve as the customer proxy
• Define, prioritize and review the team backlog
• Facilitates and leads in Scrum ceremonies such as iteration planning, iteration reviews, and demos
• Help create user stories and define acceptance criteria
• Review and accept user stories as complete
• Lead in defining vision and program backlog
• Meet with stakeholders to ensure features and subsequent stories meet expectations
• Review, approve and drive iteration content by prioritizing user stories
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or the equivalent formal training required.
Years of Experience
product owner or equivalent formal training required
• Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
• Ability to use a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
• Ability to bend, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
• Ability to travel long hallways in large buildings and in between campus buildings
• Ability to make decisions independently and help mentor other Product Owners
• Organized with strong attention to detail and capable of coordinating multiple viewpoints into a single message
• Expert ability to understand technical issues
• Experienced analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
• Proactively shows initiative by anticipating risks, issues and opportunities, and escalating them accordingly, while mentoring and coaching.
• Excellent skills in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation
• Must be comfortable and articulate in challenging change management scenarios, knowing when to insert self and when to fade back, while leading and mentoring juniors.
• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Expertise in Agile including the value and principles, and how they are applied in enterprise environments
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer