Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Solid experience in designing, writing program code, testing, documenting, and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, organizational methodologies, and standards. Respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
This position is for multiple SWE roles across our technology organization in one of following portfolios within the Southwest Airlines Technology Department: Customer & Reservation, Commerical, Dotcom, Air Ops and Crew Ops. You will be considered for roles across all of Technology based on your experience and the preferred skills for that role.
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training required.
Years of Experience
Work experience as a Software Engineer or equivalent role required.
• May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
• May require extended work hours per Leaders' request.
• May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
• Solid knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
• Demonstrates consistent knowledge application, skills of software development, and testing to solve a range of problems.
• Solid knowledge of at least one required programming language.
• Strong partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
• Able to analyze and manage large, complex, and vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
• Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
• Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer