- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as an Analyst or equivalent position required.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience, preferred.
- Proactively shares knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems, preferred.
- Ability to lead ideating, presentations, mentoring and group-thinking sessions, preferred.
- Ability to influence without authority, preferred.
- Ability to articulate (verbally / visually) ideas, approach, concepts, options, risk, impact, and provides guidance to technical, non-technical, and Leadership audiences, preferred.
- Good understanding of application security frameworks, standards, and best practices from OWASP, WASC, SANS. and other information security standards, preferred.
- Experience with code security review tools: Qualys or Veracode, preferred.
- Experience with the following development languages: Java, preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD Pipeline build tools such as: Jenkins or GitLabs, preferred.
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- May require extended work hours per Leaders' request.
- May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- Advanced knowledge of business analysis, process modeling and redesign.
- Advanced knowledge of technical environments.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various Teams and/or external partners.
- Able to analyze large, complex, or vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
- Able to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
- Able to research, create, and document requirements, processes, and technical specifications.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and widely varied work streams / tasks.
- Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
- Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Able to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects.
- Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be aU.S citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save the job description because it won't be available after you apply.