Business area focused Architects serving as a bridge between the business and IT domains in order to support Portfolio Architects and guide Tech Leads. Work is performed as part of the Plan Team and ensures application/technology alignment to the Enterprise Reference Architecture pertaining to their portfolio.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• Responsible for portfolio high level designs and architecture including designing architecture back to the ERA
• Responsible for developing and executing against solution strategies and business plans that support business expansion
• Focuses on integrating various parts of a solution into one cohesive network that solves a larger technical problem(s)
• Oversees complex technical lifecycles from inception, requirements analysis, design, to fluid implementation phases
• Owns getting buy in and consensus on approach / owns concept diagrams and from Infrastructure and software Teams
• Ability to negotiate approach/scope of projects and vendor contracts
• Coordinates tasks and objectives with internal and external resources
• Accountable for detailed solution designed developed by Tech Leads
• Ensures use of repositories for deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents
• Consulted on Business area roadmap and responsible for aligning application/technology roadmap to address business needs
• Responsible for Enterprise Architecture compliance at the portfolio architecture level
• Tracks and manages component interdependencies
• Consulted for input on T-shirt sizing of initiatives
• Engages with non-SWA Team (C)(r)
• Identify holes in enterprise / portfolio architecture / Stacks and works through portfolio architect to resolve
• Mentors / Coaching Tech Leads
• Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers
• Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
High School Diploma or GED
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent formal training; required.
• Ability to perform physical activities such as lifting (50 lbs), standing, sitting, pulling, pushing, squatting, hearing, climbing, walking, kneeling, reaching, crawling, writing, and speaking.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills (ability to address large and small audiences).
• Ability to articulate (verbally / visually) ideas, approach, concepts, options, risk, impact, and recommendations to technical, non-technical, and Leadership audiences. [facilitate meetings with medium to large audience of peers]
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Must possess outstanding business acumen, and a sound understanding of industry rules / standards.
• Must be highly organized, motivated, and capable of working with minimum supervision.
• Ability to mentor / coach Tech Leads, Senior Developers, and Peers in a domain or technical area.
• Ability to provide expert technical and Thought Leadership in a domain area / app suite.
• Outstanding leadership skills including partnering, consensus building, influencing.
• Advanced knowledge of project management methodology and principles.
• Outstanding understanding of business process and business rules for a Portfolio.
• Expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware, and software theory, emerging practices / concepts, and technology relevant to organizational / portfolio vision.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, Team-based, Customer-service-oriented environment.
• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Five percent travel, with the potential for increased / decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer