Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
We connect people with what's most important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. We accomplish this by treating our employees the best, celebrating innovation, being efficient with our resources, and ensuring the customer feels the Luv. We are also driven, and motivated to be an airline that operates at a global 24/7 scale. That is our future, and we need your help!
We're looking for an additional software engineer for our Air Operations Platform team. Maybe that's you! Here's what our team does:
HERE'S WHAT WE'D LIKE YOU TO BRING TO YOUR TEAM:
HERE ARE SOME THINGS WE'LL HELP YOU LEARN ON THE JOB IF YOU DON'T KNOW ALREADY:
Advanced experience in designing, writing program code, testing, documenting, and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, organizational methodologies, and standards. Identifies and prevents production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas. Mentoring Software Engineers, holistic vision of organization and impact, focusing on “shift left” activities.
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training required.
Years of Experience
Work experience as a Software Engineer or equivalent role required.
• May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
• May require extended work hours per Leaders' request.
• May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
• Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
• Proactively shares knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems.
• Advanced knowledge of at least one required programming language.
• Excellent partnering, communication, negotiation skills, and execution in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
• Ability to articulate (verbally / visually) ideas, approach, concepts, options, risk, impact, and provides guidance to technical, non-technical, and Leadership audiences.
• Able to lead multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
• Ability to lead ideating, presentations, mentoring and group-thinking sessions. Ability to influence without authority.
• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer