We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Project Controller serves as the liaison for all maintenance planning Teams by participating in decision making forums concerning aircraft maintenance and working closely with Teams such as Engineering, Maintenance Programs, and Supply Chain to manage the pipeline of maintenance requirements for the assigned area. The role will include reviewing and/or approving maintenance requirements and developing schedule options that fit within defined parameters. The Project Controller will be instrumental in maintaining high degree of collaboration across Teams and developing successful plans for execution considering operational impact, budgets, aircraft allocation, and capabilities.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• Coordinates input processes with key stakeholders to optimize the maintenance plan and balance the components of performance, quality, and costs.
• Conducts a thorough review of new and revised maintenance requirements to verify proper setup for downline processes; ensuring that risk analysis has been considered and factored in prior to release and handoff for execution.
• Constructs schedules and plan options that allow for the execution of an optimized maintenance schedule - maximizing available aircraft utilization and profitability within a schedule that is both operationally feasible and contributes to overall operational integrity.
• Engages with stakeholders to monitor and control ongoing maintenance requirements to ensure plan performance and to proactively address risk.
• Provides input of fleet optimization and maintenance programs realignment initiatives.
• Manages the component maintenance program to ensure compliance and the efficient use of resources.
• Assists with the design and implementation of business intelligence functions, procedures, and systems for the efficient execution and measurement of all department processes.
• Leads and/or support continuous initiatives at various levels in the organization.
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Preferred disciplines include Business, Management, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics, and Economics
Operations planning, management, or logistics
Project management and/or leadership experience
Experience using aircraft maintenance software
Maintenance Planning experience
• Project Management Professional PMP preferred
• Airframe and Powerplant A&P preferred
• Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred
• Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
• Ability to use a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
• Ability to bend, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
• Ability to travel long hallways in large buildings and in between campus buildings
• Must have a strong sense of ownership and a high level of accountability for processes to ensure actions are completed.
• Must possess an innate curiosity with a desire to learn how their role works within the context of the operating system.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues in a structured and concise manner to audiences with varying backgrounds
• Must have a high degree of professionalism, customer focus, initiative, flexibility, and be results driven.
• Must have the ability to constructively resolve conflict and maintain constructive relationships.
• Must be knowledgeable of Project Management Methodology and demonstrate the ability to adapt concepts/tools to a given situation.
• Must be able to demonstrate persistence, active listening skills; poised and persuasive with individuals and groups.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer