High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- College degree in Technology, Finance, Business or equivalent work experience required.
- MBA preferred.
- 3 or more years work experience in project management required.
- Experience as a project manager preferred
- Knowledge of issues/risk management and project change requests required.
- Proficient knowledge of strategic and financial analysis preferred.
- Experience with the Demand Intake process preferred.
- Experience in leading and managing vendor relationships, preferred.
- Experience in leading projects through project governance, budgeting, resource management, preferred.
- Executive presence and strong communication skills, preferred.
- Experience validating and helping develop business case with Customers, preferred.
- Experience with driving testing and acceptance of project results, preferred.
- Ability to lead and facilitate project meetings and presentations to Leadership, preferred.
- Experience in driving Team and Customers towards decisions, preferred.
- Ability to build partnerships and trust across Technology and Business Teams, preferred.
- Ability to gain buy-in from technology customers and partners, preferred.
- PMP certification or equivalent work experience as a Project Manager preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of project processes, problem management tools and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Project, Visio, MS Office Suite including SharePoint.
- Advanced knowledge of technology applications and systems infrastructure.
- Proficient knowledge of application impact on operational and business functions.
- Strong Customer Service and Team orientation.
- Demonstrates and employs active listening skills.
- Builds relationships and influences without authority.
- Effectively communicates information and ideas using all forms of communication.
- Maintains composure under pressure and accurately assesses problem situations.
- Directs tasks to finish by scheduled completion date.
- Reorders job priorities for Team and self as needed.
- Works effectively in a fast paced, collaborative, Team based environment.
- Demonstrates Leadership skills to direct performance of outside Contractors and maintain positive relationships with internal Customers.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save the job description because it won't be available after you apply.