We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Sr. Analyst – Real Estate Planning is responsible for providing critical support to the Real Estate Planning Team and Corporate Real Estate function. This position assists in constructing and performing research and analysis, creating and delivering regular Departmental and Executive reporting, and supporting delivery of key cross-functional and Departmental initiatives.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• Utilizing a variety of visualization tools: Performs ad hoc research and analysis to discover trends related to Real Estate initiatives; performs bench marking to support process improvement; assists with driving decisions when necessary.
• Performs and maintains standard reporting as necessary
• Assists with development and deployment of new reporting mechanisms, and partners with Department stakeholders to populate
• Supports delivery of highly complex internal and cross-departmental initiatives in support of Real Estate strategy and continuous process improvement
• Assist in defining and coordinating the demand management process for new initiatives or needs.
• Assist in all yearly governance deliverable planning alongside Department planning personnel (MYP, AOP, MTP).
• Manages the strategic calendar for all events and deliverables throughout the year.
• Develops or assists in the development of material for Executive reports
• Role can be autonomous in nature with much multi-tasking based on initiatives or governance cycle.
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• With Bachelor’s degree: 3 years of experience managing business (non-technology) projects, or the business side of technology projects required (of which 2 years of experience in business case development building financial and non-financial justification for potential initiatives is required)
• With no Bachelor’s degree: 7 years of experience managing business (non-technology) projects, or the business side of technology projects required (of which 2 years of experience in business case development building financial and non-financial justification for potential initiatives is required)
• 2 years of consulting internal or external customers preferred
• 2 years of experience building Executive level Power Point decks and presentations; presenting to upper level management; strategic and financial analysis; analytical and quantitative skills with spreadsheets or other quantitative modeling required
• Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
• Ability to bend, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
• Ability to travel long hallways in large buildings and in between campus buildings
• Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues in a structured and concise manner
• Must have proficient knowledge of strategic and financial analysis
• Must have proven analytical and quantitative skills; experience with spreadsheets or other quantitative modeling
• Ability to understand corporate financial analysis and financial statements
• Ability to design and conduct analysis across a broad range of tools/platforms, and synthesize recommendations based on findings
• Ability to quickly learn new tools for performing analysis
• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer