We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Corporate & Transactions Attorney will provide daily legal support for Southwest Business and external parties with whom the Company does, or may do, business.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• In this role, the Attorney will:
· support the operation and growth of Southwest Business, which includes sales teams that operate in a fast-paced environment;
· negotiate, draft, and review commercial agreements, including services agreements, evaluation agreements, non-disclosure agreements, discount agreements, technology agreements, government agreements, marketing agreements, sales agreements, hosting agreements, and beta agreements;
· train a growing sales team on deal structure, contract negotiations, best practices, and legal issues;
· analyze and interpret existing Company agreements to provide advice and guidance;
· review and analyze customer and vendor RFPs;
· draft policies and standard terms and conditions for websites and products and services;
· identify and implement methods to form agreements and legal processes;
· collaborate with legal department colleagues on a variety of legal issues, with an emphasis on privacy, data security and regulatory compliance; and
· prioritize and manage concurrent projects with competing Company demands.
• In addition, any candidate for this position must be willing to perform other duties requested by the General Counsel or other more senior attorney, independently learn, and become responsible for new areas of the law.
High School Diploma or GED
Law Degree from an accredited school
Years of Experience
Experience with a mid-sized to major law firm or in-house legal department as a practicing transactional attorney.
Experience with matters involving drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements, including services agreements, evaluation agreements, non-disclosure agreements, discount agreements, technology agreements, government agreements, marketing agreements, sales agreements, and beta agreements.
Experience working on sales Teams with sales agreements is a plus
Experience with global distribution agreements and travel agency agreements is a plus.
• The candidate must be a current member in good standing of a bar association.
• Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
• In addition to the Essential Job Functions listed above, the Attorney must be able to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
• Will need a genuine enjoyment for providing legal support to sales teams in the travel industry;
• Must be self-motivated and have excellent problem solving abilities;
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines;
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with executive and General Counsel Department staff, clients, outside counsel, vendors, and others;
• Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to perform efficiently and effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines; and
• Must have judgment sufficient to handle and resolve issues relating to sensitive and confidential legal matters.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer