Southwest is currently building out our foundational cloud capabilities within AWS. We are forming cross-functional Teams, working within agile development PODs to deliver a secure, repeatable, scalable and resilient cloud platform.
Design, write program code, test, document, and implement functionally appropriately, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, and organizational methodologies and standards. Respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
- Resident cloud infrastructure subject matter expert researching, implementing and documenting Infrastructure-as-code solutions across the Enterprise.
- Assist in defining SWA’s Enterprise strategy for Cloud Computing. Operate in a DevOps culture and Team, responsible for architecture, design, development, implementation and ongoing operations of new and emerging technology platforms.
- Utilize a variety of tools like Stash, Git, Nexus, Jenkins, Gradle, Groovy, YML, and AWS security capabilities (WAF, GuardDuty, Security Groups, IAM, etc).
- Effectively applies knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Partners with other Technology Team members to provide advice or solutions within his or her area of expertise.
- Keeps informed about current developments within his or her area of expertise.
- Proactively identifies problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis; formulates and executes plans to develop solutions.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Understands and can estimate effort and value for solutions
- Understands at a broad level how technology platforms/architectures are applied to automated business solutions.
Systems Development Engineering:
- Facilitate or complete Analysis, design, and programming of viable solutions to high complexity business problems according to user specifications.
- Develop or approve detail program specifications.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, and influence technical designs.
Testing / Deliverable Quality:
- Participate in system and acceptance testing.
- Ensure that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Test and implement system and enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Responsible for immediate response to production program issues.
- Sets up or follows established procedures and standards to ensure high quality and quantity of work.
- Understand dependency identification processes in technology work, verifies information and carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of own work.
- Establishes or follows prioritization processes to drive work and has a sense of urgency about getting work completed.
- Looks for and seizes opportunities to do more or to do things better.
- Analyze and resolve multiple complex problems without direction.
- Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments.
- Highly organized and self-directed.
- Appropriately shares ideas and information with others.
- Practices attentive and active listening.
- Ensures that regular and consistent communications take place.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing.
- Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.