***If you are NOT selected for this role, you will not be eligible to reapply for this position at SJC for 12 months from the day of interview***
***Southwest Airlines will consider your interest for the SJC Provisioning Agent role if you are currently a resident of the state of CA***
Provides legendary Customer Service by assuring aircraft is provisioned and fully serviced with supplies while in compliance with Company, contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers.
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company.
- Works in warehouse, preparing items for stocking and operating forklift and pallet jacks as necessary. Packs and repacks liquor, beer, wine containers and completes inventory with an electronic device.
- Loads and stores multiple bags of ice for loading onto provisioning trucks. Handles 30 or more bags of ice a day per shift.
- Prepares perishable items for stocking on aircraft.
- Reviews flight information to plan for snack flights. Consolidates snacks which are consumed for future flights. Packs and repacks entertainment kits and assures aircraft is equipped with such kits.
- Keeps work area clean by sweeping, mopping, wiping down counter tops and organizing warehouse supplies. Maintains provisioning truck in a clean orderly manner. Prepares for the provisioning of flights by stocking provisioning trucks with items from the warehouse on a frequent basis.
- Loads, unloads and services Company aircraft. Transports company material (COMAT) to and from aircraft.
- Performs job in a safe manner in compliance with Company, contractual and regulatory requirements. Safely drives and operates a provisioning truck in the airport ramp area. Works in the vicinity of and between passenger terminals, aircraft, hangers, jetways, warehouses, and air freight facilities, both indoors and outdoors. As qualified, operates all motorized ground service equipment (including bag tugs, golf carts, forklifts, pallet jacks, and passenger vehicles) assigned by the Company to complete airline operations.
- May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and machinery noises, dirt and dust for extended period of time.
- Stocks the aircraft galley with ice, beverages, soda, pre-packed liquor, beer, wine, snacks, cups, paper products and other provisions. Equips aircraft cabin interiors for flights with equipment and supplies such as passenger amenities.
- Empties trash receptacles, mops galley areas, mops lavatory floor, restock lavatory compartments, and wipes/cleans galley and lavatories. Hand cleans interior of aircraft by hand sweeping and dusting, and uses specialized cleaning fluids and materials, using mechanized cleaning aids as required. Transports cabin, commissary, and cleaning equipment between aircraft and storage areas.
- Provisioning aircraft must be accomplished during a prescribed ground time.
- Works as a member of lean staff operating out of cities served by the airline.
- Wears visual identification required by the Company, prominently displayed for ready recognition.
- Responds to internal Customer inquiries.
- Attends initial and ongoing training (classroom and on-the-job), and keeps current on knowledge, information, and equipment to gain proficiency.
- Duties may vary by size and organization of Provisioning Station.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.