The Benefits Consultant is responsible for all aspects of the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of H&W benefits programs, policies, operations and vendor performance. Key responsibilities include developing business cases, defining program objectives and requirements, initiating program setup, establishing and implementing program management plans, monitoring program results, and developing sustainability measures. This position has significant latitude for the use of creative direction and may perform as an indirect lead to small project Teams.
- Serve as a strategic advisor by identifying, challenging, prioritizing, and/or recommending plan provisions, strategies, or investment options including conducting in-depth data analyses, constructively challenging ideas and thought processes, designing effective solutions, executing plans, and creating success measures
- Advise Leadership in ensuring consistent application and integration of all policies and procedures; local, state, and federal laws; and government regulations pertaining to Benefit practices
- Develop and ensure consistent application and integration of all plan amendments and policies including by partnering with Legal to ensure plans are fully compliant with relevant governing rules and regulations, both current and potential pending regulations, as well as SWA internal controls
- Initiate and develop professional relationships across the Company and within the industry in order to consult on program initiatives, gain insight, and identify potential resources
- Manage the development, tracking, reporting, and analysis of plan goals, outcomes, performance metrics, and return on investment in order to evaluate employee engagement, contribution rates, asset accumulation and retention, participant account leakage, and the value of the retirement plans
- Oversee communication strategies by creating and executing timelines, identifying key audiences, developing compelling messages, and continually improving communication techniques, tools, and processes in order to ensure consistency, quality and sustainability of communications
- Drive cutting edge initiatives by analyzing industry trends, best practices, and the competitive landscape in order to incorporate those best aligned with Company strategic objectives, priorities, and long-term goals
- Create and deliver presentations to Leadership including business cases, project proposals, plan status reports, process improvement recommendations, as well as providing consultative support regarding strategic objectives and tactical program actions
- Manage all risk associated with program planning by identifying and forecasting pertinent problems, evaluating and recommending solutions, and implementing the appropriate course of action
- Create and lead project Teams by assembling core Team participants, assigning individual responsibilities, managing accountability, motivating Team members, and mediating conflict in order to ensure standards are maintained, processes are followed, and information is disseminated appropriately
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.