The HR Business Partner - Houston Region serves as a strategic people partner, advising the Ground Operations Departments within the region. This role plays a key part in developing and implementing the people strategy and programs in support of short-term and long-term business goals with the overall goal of attracting, retaining, and developing the best talent.
*This position is located at the Hobby Airport and would require approximately 40% travel throughout the respective region.*
- Identify opportunities to improve organizational effectiveness by diagnosing challenges, prescribing solutions, and supporting implementation; gaining insight from Senior HRBPs as necessary
- Serve as an advisor by appropriately challenging Leaders, while maintaining strong business partnership and relationships with assigned Departments, Executives, and Leaders applying a high degree of confidence
- Provide tools to help guide Departments through a high degree of growth and change including, but not limited to communication strategy, proactive needs assessment, and team effectiveness efforts
- Lead business functional area in forecasting and supporting the acquisition of the talent needed to support current and future business ambitions
- Counsel Leaders consistent with Company policies/practices, legal considerations, compliance regulations, and company priorities—serving as an advocate for both Company and Employee concerns
- Oversee the annual talent review and merit process by identifying high potentials, talent readiness, and retention risks as well as facilitating career pathing and succession planning conversations
- Develop and maintain partnerships with senior decision makers within assigned Department through the development of in depth knowledge of the business, both strategically and operationally
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business functional areas to identify, prioritize, and build Employee centered capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes in alignment with business goals
- Manage the roll-out of survey results including addressing and following-up on identified areas for improvement in order to improve Employee engagement and strengthen Employee relations
- Provide day-to-day coaching and guidance to frontline and mid-level management supporting them on their own growth and development as well as the growth and development of their Team
- Support cross-functional projects by providing subject matter expertise including research, detailed planning, and implementation
- Counsel and/or coach Employees and Managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.