We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
This position is to provide aircraft maintenance repair and operations expertise to evaluate federally required surveillance and reporting for CASS. Responsible for the administration of policies and procedures for SWA CASS. Serves as a CASS liaison and maintenance repair expert, and acts on behalf of the Manager CASS when required.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• Provide guidance for the CASS analyst team for human repair performance trends and overall aircraft maintenance.
• Assist the Manager with department scheduling and assignments of Analysts.
• Assist other departments within maintenance to correct discrepancies on completed documents and provide feedback to the individuals involved.
• Review, analyze, and report maintenance performance surveillance data which would improve the safety and compliance of maintenance.
• Analyze procedures, work instruction, and performance standards for various maintenance personnel and maintenance supporting personnel to perform system analysis and risk assess system deficiencies.
• Assist with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) liaison involving Maintenance and Engineering including FAA correspondence and reports.
• May be asked to mentor new Team members, and to provide feedback on their work product.
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience
Transport category maintenance experience
Quality and/or Safety experience, airline industry specific preferred
• Airframe and Powerplant license required.
Manufacture maintenance requirements, FAA Regulations and Regulatory programs, Airworthiness Limitations (AWLS)
Ability using Microsoft products, multiple computer technologies and windows based applications
• Working knowledge of Maintenance Procedures Manual, aircraft related documents and manuals, aircraft paperwork procedures such as log page and non-routines, and CFR 121 applicable FAA regulations
• Must be able to effectively communicate and or present issues and solutions to audiences of all levels of leadership.
• Must possess the ability to read and understand technical documents and their ability to meet intent of the maintenance program
• Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to adjust schedules based upon changing priorities.
• Ability to identify the right people for the task and provide on-going coaching to ensure strong Teams.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Must be able to delegate as well as lead multiple tasks simultaneously and follow up through completion.
• Ability to assume a high level of responsibility and to provide direction in a Team-oriented environment.
• Ability to properly manage highly sensitive and confidential information.
• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be able to travel with some overnight stays, up to 10% time
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.