Design, write program code, test, document, and implement functionally appropriately, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, and organizational methodologies and standards. Respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
- Responsible for leading the ABAP development and support for the SAP HCM and FI/CO modules at Southwest Airlines.
Provide highly advanced technical expertise for SAP system design, development and maintenance, including integration to other systems.
- Design, develop and test well-structured technical solutions for all types of WRICEFP (Workflows, Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms and Portal) objects.
- Troubleshoot ABAP issues.
- Provide leadership and coaching for the Team.
- Analyze Panaya results and determine the impact of SAP upgrades and reconcile these impacts as dictated by SPAU and SPDD.
- Partner with the functional team to assess operational and quality-related issues, identify gaps and manage closure of gaps, including Root Cause Analysis, Error Trend Analysis and Problem Management.
- Provide proposals for ABAP redesign for performance improvements and tuning of ABAP objects as appropriate.
- Apply SAP OSS Notes as recommended by SAP.
- Perform code reviews and enforce Southwest Airlines development standards.
- Ensure appropriate assessment of SAP OSS notes regarding relevance for the SAP HCM environment.
- Complete tasks independently / interdependently.
- Effectively applies knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Partners with other Technology Teammembers to provide advice or solutions within his or her area of expertise.
- Keeps informed about current developments within his or her area of expertise.
- Proactively identifies problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis; formulates and executes plans to develop solutions.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Understands and can estimate effort and value for solutions
- Understands at a broad level how technology platforms/architectures are applied to automated business solutions.
Systems Development Engineering:
- Facilitate or complete Analysis, design, and programming of viable solutions to high complexity business problems according to user specifications.
- Develop or approve detail program specifications.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, and influence technical designs.
Testing / Deliverable Quality:
- Participate in system and acceptance testing.
- Ensure that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Test and implement system and enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Responsible for immediate response to production program issues.
- Sets up or follows established procedures and standards to ensure high quality and quantity of work.
- Understand dependency identification processes in technology work, verifies information and carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of own work.
- Establishes or follows prioritization processes to drive work and has a sense of urgency about getting work completed.
- Looks for and seizes opportunities to do more or to do things better.
- Analyze and resolve multiple complex problems without direction.
- Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments.
- Highly organized and self-directed.
- Appropriately shares ideas and information with others.
- Practices attentive and active listening.
- Ensures that regular and consistent communications take place.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing.
- Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.