We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The role of the Communication Lead is to provide strategic communication counsel, development and execution of high-level communication plans. The position will collaborate with Employees across the Company on enterprise initiatives, serving as a communication consultant and business liaison for both internal and external communication strategy. This role will provide Legendary Customer Service, while working to achieve goals and objectives across multiple Teams.
• Serves as communications program lead to colleagues, department Leadership and Executives. Building and maintaining buy-in and trust with Employees across the organization
• Serves in a communication consultant role on Companywide initiatives, determining appropriate tone, message, and channel to deliver clear and effective messages that align with Company objectives.
• Must demonstrate autonomy in the development of message and channel strategy, gathering inputs from multiple sources, obtaining and coordinating the proper approvals, and partnering with other departments or outside partners as needed to build and execute communication strategy.
• Serves as facilitator, building connections between Communication and other Departments to ensure consistent communication.
• Aligns organizational resources, managing priorities across multiple areas to create timely communication strategies that deliver measurable business results.
• Able to distill multiple complex issues down to easily understandable and actionable findings.
• Demonstrates superior knowledge of Communication strategies, tactics and tools and an understanding of their convergence.
• Responsible for the communication strategy and thought leadership of multiple topics or work groups
• Stays current with advancements and trends in communication, specifically in the areas of mobile messaging, social and collaborative sites, and digital presence.
• Demonstrates comfort and confidence with public speaking and presenting in front of senior level Leaders.
• Drives change across the organization, gaining buy-in and overcoming challenges.
• Understands the importance of measurement and setting quantifiable metrics for success.
• Drive strategy, manage and protect the Company's reputation internally and externally.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
Minimum of 8 years of experience in leading large-scale, complex communication efforts, either from within a business organization or with a strong partnership with the business required.
Experience identifying and managing communication during a crisis a plus.
Experience in understanding the importance of a Company's social presence a plus.
• Develop and drive a sustainable shift in the way the Communication Department approaches content:
· Partner with Analytics Team to regularly review data on message and channel performance to guide future actions.
· Coordinate recurring content planning sessions and facilitate appropriate usage of a content management and organization tool.
· Provide counsel on priority, timing, look and feel, mix, and format of messages across communication channels to maximize effectiveness.
· Host regular workshops to discuss optimal channel usage, effective content creation, and opportunities to better serve our audiences.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer