High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Bachelors degree in Operations Research, Optimization, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or related field required.
Graduate level degree in Operations Research, Optimization, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or related field preferred.
Minimum of 3 years experience applying Operations Research methods in a business environment or 1 year experience plus a PhD degree.
Experience using Xpress, CPLEX, or other industrial-strength LP/IP tools.
- Strong experience with R, Python and Alteryx and C++
- Cloud development experience is a plus
- Inventory control experience preferred
- Airline industry experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of standard programming languages, and associated development tools (compilers, debuggers, etc).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of software development, practice, concepts, and technology obtained through college degree program, formal training and / or work experience.
- Demonstrates a high-level of optimization aptitude and ability for logical and abstract thinking.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills so as to interact effectively with business Customers and technology development and support groups.
- Ability to complete root-cause analysis, design complex solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement optimization projects.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently where appropriate.
- Ability to contribute thoughts and ideas on other active projects across the Team.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Preferred prior experience applying optimization methods in an airline environment.
- Preferred experience using SAS, SPSS, R, or similar industrial-strength statistical tools to create statistical models.
- Preferred C++ coding experience.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.