- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with vendor contract negotiation/execution required.
- At least four years’ experience in either supply chain management or a professional services environment including, but not limited to: banking, accounting or consulting is required.
- Minimum of two years of formal People Leadership experience required.
- Experience mentoring, developing and leading teams preferred.
- Experience leading a team through process changes and improvements preferred.
- Experience with performance management preferred.
- Technology experience with database manipulation and enterprise systems preferred.
- Advanced skills within Excel preferred – working knowledge of executing v-look ups, macros, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience using data visualization tools, such as Tableau and Alteryx, preferred.
- Experience utilizing Ariba in a procurement or strategic sourcing environment preferred.
- Experience creating dashboards and scorecards for external vendors in order to gauge supplier performance preferred.
- Previous vendor management and/or vendor performance management experience preferred.
- Procurement experience preferred.
- Must be highly skilled in developing and delivering presentations to all levels of the organization, including Sr. Leadership.
- Proven ability to lead a team responsible for designing and conducting analysis, as well as synthesizing recommendations.
- Must have the ability to understand corporate financial analysis and financial statements.
- Must have the ability to properly manage highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with fellow Employees as well as outside agencies and organizations.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work within specific time frames in both supervised and unsupervised assignments.
- Must work well under pressure, be detail oriented, meet deadlines and exhibit excellent organizational skills.
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed.
- Must demonstrated Leadership skills, modeling the Southwest Leadership expectations.
- Maintains a positive Team environment through regular interaction with Customers, Team members, Peers and administrative staff including participation in Team meetings and events.
- Develops and implements Team goals, conducts teambuilding activities.
- Coaches and mentors others; provides timely and effective feedback on performance and career guidance.
- Writes and delivers performance appraisals for assigned Team members.
- Manage compensation per company salary guidelines for assigned Team members.
- Must be able to manage multiple individuals with a broad scope and large volume of projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates sound decision making abilities / focuses on the big picture / thinks strategically.
- Takes ownership and accountability for self and Team members.
- Ability to resolve conflicts.
- Strong project, meeting facilitation, and change management skills.
- Positively influences the behavior of others / coaches and mentors others.
- Works effectively in a fast paced, collaborative, team based environment.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, qualified disabled, and covered veterans. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.