High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a Software Engineer or equivalent role required.
- 2+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum experience preferred.
- Experience with shared Java development on/offshore preferred.
- Experience with Agile Practices like Kanban, CI, CD, TDD, BDD, Simple Design preferred.
- Proficient with Enterprise Integration Patterns, Service-based Architectures, and Message-based Architectures preferred.
- 2 years’ experience as a technical lead preferred.
- 2 years’ experience with Hands on experience with Java and Spring preferred.
- Experience with web technologies that include SOAP, XML, JSON, REST, XSLT preferred.
- Experience with Spring Integration, JMS, Akka, Kafka preferred.
- Experience with Build/tooling experience like Stash, Git, Nexus, Jenkins, Gradle, Groovy, YML preferred.
- Experience with Cloud technologies – AWS Migration preferred.
- Airline or travel industry experience preferred.
- DevOps knowledge of areas such as monitoring, scripting, and metrics preferred.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer required, with no sponsorship needed now or in the future of an employment-based visa.
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- May require extended work hours per Leaders' request.
- May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
- Able to analyze large, complex, and vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
- Able to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
- Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
- Able to prioritize effectively.
- Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Able to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects.
- Able to manage ambiguity in a positive manner.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.